Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question About Woodgrain Tamas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrSquirrel
Kozara

Question About Woodgrain Tamas Empty
PostSubject: Question About Woodgrain Tamas   Question About Woodgrain Tamas EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm

I am kind of a newbie to kendamas. I had one 2 years ago when there was a fad at my school. The string broke, and I gave it to some kid. I just ordered an Enjyu Ozora, which has a woodgrain tama. Anyway, I know that tricks like Lunars are easier when the paint is broken in. Will a woodgrain ball be easier to do Lunars with? Or will it be more difficult than if I were using a broken-in painted ball?
Back to top Go down
Kendama_steven
Admin
Kendama_steven

PostSubject: Re: Question About Woodgrain Tamas   Question About Woodgrain Tamas EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Well like any kendama, it gets better after you break it in. ive noticed with the few woodgrains I do own they are a bit slick (evrn after being broke in,) but not enough to notice really. It also depends a lot on how balanced your ken is. Before you glue the cups to the ken place the big cup on the tama as if you were going to do a lunar, if the ken falls forward a lot then thetr is to much weight on the bottom so youd have to press the cups harder onto the ken. If the ken keeps falling twards you, basicly do the opposite....

Hope this helped, if you have any more Qs feel free to ask, thats what this site is here for Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kendamaNW
MrSquirrel
Kozara

PostSubject: Re: Question About Woodgrain Tamas   Question About Woodgrain Tamas EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Kendama_steven wrote:
Well like any kendama, it gets better after you break it in. ive noticed with the few woodgrains I do own they are a bit slick (evrn after being broke in,) but not enough to notice really. It also depends a lot on how balanced your ken is. Before you glue the cups to the ken place the big cup on the tama as if you were going to do a lunar, if the ken falls forward a lot then thetr is to much weight on the bottom so youd have to press the cups harder onto the ken. If the ken keeps falling twards you, basicly do the opposite....

Hope this helped, if you have any more Qs feel free to ask, thats what this site is here for Smile
Thanks for the help Smile And this probably won't even be a problem for me anytime soon. I am still working on balancing the ken for a lighthouse. I can't even balance it when I put it on by hand haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question About Woodgrain Tamas   Question About Woodgrain Tamas Empty

Back to top Go down

Question About Woodgrain Tamas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information :: General Kendama Discussion :: General-
Jump to: